9.30.2007

Sick or Teething?

I don't know about anyone else, but I HATE when my kids are sick. It makes for long nights with no sleep and extra long days of caring for them when all they do is cry. Jamison has been going through this now for about 4 days. It probably hasn't helped that he hasn't gotten a regular nap for a couple of those days because I have been so busy trying to get things done. Jamey and I have been up for 3 nights in a row with Jamison crying for about 30 minutes each time he wakes up. Usually nothing consoles him, so we both just lay in bed hoping he doesn't cry for too long. Then last night when I got home from the Relief Society Broadcast, Jamison woke up crying at 8:30pm. When I went into his room to give him his pacifier he was on fire. I took his temp and noticed that he had a slight fever. Jamey told me that he had given Jamison some medicine before putting him to bed. Well, he slept most of the night before waking up, but this morning he was still warm with a bit of a fever. He and I stayed home from church to get him a little more rest. I just keep wondering is it teeth or is he sick? He has no other symptoms, and his I-teeth are coming in, so I am just hoping for teeth and that this will pass soon.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Hey Erica,

Sorry to hear about sick kids. I just found your blog! Check me out
here

Talk to you later!

Erica said...

So how about this- We went to the doctor today for Jamison's well check at 18 months and when the doctor looked in Jamison's ears... He had a double ear infection. So I guess that anwsers the question- Sick or Teething?

tamiz said...

I am so bad at that! I always just think my kids are really sick until some outside source reminds me it could be teething. I guess have to start that whole guessing game all over again... and very sad that it did end up being ear infections.