Have you ever had one of those weeks that you wish to never relive? (Let me preface this by saying that I am not complaining- just journaling my week.) Well that was my week, last week. I kept thinking that after December my life was going to slow down a bit. Well to my dismay that has not happened. I worked almost non stop Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I even threw in two clients on Friday- not a norm- don't expect it! :-) With several things that needed to be done in the afternoon, ie: grocery shopping, emissions test for the new car we bought, buying a birthday present, and paying some bills, etc. Then I got this bright idea to have Jamey meet us for dinner since we were now into the dinner hour. That was a disaster. Usually the kids are pretty good at restaurants, well not that night. Every time either Jamey or I tried to sit down with Jamison he screamed. Don't you just love people that bring their screaming kids to restaurants when you are trying to have a nice quite evening? It ended with one of us standing out in the waiting area, waiting for the other to eat and trading places. Then telling the waitress to box everything up and bring the check. Not pleasant!! Anyway- then on Wednesday I made my 6 frozen dinners and I visited all my visiting teaching sisters. Saturday I went to an informational meeting about how the caucus in Colorado is ran, and learned a lot. (Mitt '08) Rounding out the day with a birthday party for Spencer's friend- or I thought. (This is the real kicker to the week!) When we got to the party, there wasn't anyone else there. Knowing I was 5 minutes late, I was confused. When we got to the door, I asked "Are we early?" She said "No you're late." I said "That's what I thought." Then she proceeded to explain that no I was 24 hours late. The party was the the day before- Friday. Feeling completely stupid and horrible for Spencer, I tried to just laugh and say, well add it to the week.
Not to mention- I've had one of the those weeks that has been a real learning experience on how to let the things go. I get my feelings hurt pretty easy, and once that happens it is hard for me to forgive. One very BIG weakness for me. Jamey and I are going through some major changing in life. Much on how we react to things that are said to us, and how we are going to communicate with each other. Let me just say that he is helping me way more than I am helping him. Being that I have a personality much like my mom- she has talked to me lots about how I need to be better about 'how I say things', and not putting up the fight. It is very much like me to want to fight back, but I am learning, that is not the way to live. I need to be more like the Savior and show love for those that hurt me. My dad has also been a huge help to me- being that he has been married to my mom for 35 years, he too knows my personality all too well. I love that his advice to me was to ask Jamey for a blessing. I never thought about that- what a sweet experience that would be for me. I need to remember that Jamey holds the priesthood powers and I need to ask for him to use it more than I do. All in all- it is very hard to know that there are things about yourself that need to change and it is very humbling knowing that the Lord and those great people that you surround yourself with are there to help.
April Templatetopia
13 years ago



9 comments:
you sound like you need a nice big cup of cocoa.
say the word and we'll go to Panera--where the cocoa is GIGANTIC enough to drown out ANY sorrows!
Do you ever get a good workout in? I tell you it's my saving grace in so many ways...good luck this new week =) AMIE
You need to come running with me girl! Hang in there...
I LOVE YOU!! I love that you are so open with the things you need to change in your life. It is inspiring to hear you talk about it and makes me want to better myself, because I too have som much of mom in me!! Not that that is a bad thing, just too much of that fighting personality can be a lot to handle. Hang in there, good luck and any time you need a break (shopping, ice cream, etc.) I am a drive away and would love to hang out and decompress!!
Hey Girlie, I think it is so great that you are tackling new goals and that you are so open to change and so strong that you can post it! I think you are great and I love your personality!
Amen to everyone's comments. You have great friends that are there for you Erica! That's a wonderful blessing. One thing i try to keep in mind all the time, is that people aren't out to hurt my feelings intentionally, but i'm the one that takes things the wrong way. This has helped me to not take offense to so many things.
I'm sorry you had such a bad week. When I read your post title and it was posted on Monday, I thought, "It's only Monday..." but I see now considering the things that happened you probably didn't know what day it was. I hate days like that.
And we ALL have weaknesses. I have plenty and it's always good to know that it's never too late to make a change.
I agree with everyone else! You really are a great person, and I hope to get to know you better too...and just keep asking the Lord for help, He really is there. Thanks for sharing..means a lot! Shopping is good therapy I hear!:)
I loved your honest blog/journal entry. Sometimes we need weeks like those to remind us how very lame we are all on our own and how much we really do need to rely on the Lord.
And letting go of the hurt and the pain is so hard to do but so worth it. Who needs to carry around other people's baggage too when we all have enough of our own! Learning to let it roll off your back is such a great goal (one I'm still working on). Thanks for posting about this. It got me thinking of how I can improve too.
Post a Comment