6.17.2008

Round 2

I just thought for those of you who are wondering about the progress of the tattoo removal, that I would update. I went last Thursday night for another session. It was just as painful and the recovery has been the same. But none the less I am hopeful that by the end of the year it will be all gone. If you'd like to look at pictures again go here. If not I understand. I was asked some questions when I posted about it last time, so I thought this would be the easiest way to answer them.

First- my dad is a dentist, not a dermatologist. He has this laser machine that is used to remove gum disease. We thought if it could get rid of that, well then lets see what else he could laser off people. I am totally being a guinea pig, which I'm OK with. (Well me and my brother. :0) Although he has removed some other skin things on people. We keep telling him he could make some serious money on the side with the laser machine- he says 'I think not.'

Second- which was more painful, getting it put on or having it taken off. I really haven't decided that yet. They both hurt, but the pain is totally different. The laser is really fast. He is done in less than 7 minutes. However the week or so after is annoying. It takes it several days to scab and then all the swelling and oozing is a bit much. (This might be getting a bit graphic, sorry) The pain is like a really bad sunburn- you know that feeling when you bump it or the water hits it? Now getting the tattoo hurts too. Mine is really small but it took 30 to 40 minutes to get it put on. So imagine having a needle poking you for over a half and hour, that doesn't stop and it is really loud. I remember that it to took a couple of days to heal. I had to keep it covered and put neosporin on it. However it doesn't really scab. My memory isn't really good from 9 years ago when I got it, but I do remember it hurting.

Well it is becoming quite the experience. How about that for an update? :-)

5 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

I am so happy I have gotten to experience this! I know that I will never get a tattoo now!

Kristin said...

Thanks for the update Erica!! Sorry it's so painful. I'm glad you're sharing, though!

KrisJ said...

OUCH! But it sure is looking good! I was just wondering how that was going so Im glad you did an update.

Haley L said...

You must really trust that father of yours! :) Ooowwie!!!!!

Rochelle said...

I would get him to do some hair removal while I was there too! That might be extremely painful though! Thanks for the updates! We miss you guys already!