We arrived home at 5pm on Saturday the 11th, and promptly headed to my parents to pick up our children. Since it was Jamey's birthday my mom had made us a wonderful homemade dinner, ice cream cake included for dessert. We spent some time with my parents talking about both of our weeks, until we had to finally leave to get the boys to bed.
To say that we had a good time is a bit of an understatement. We had so much fun!! Kris did a good job posting on her blog the day to day activities, so if you want to read more check hers out. This is going to be quite the post- so don't feel like you have to read the whole thing, just glance at some of the pictures.
When we first arrived on Saturday we were greeted by about a hundred people either trying to get us to take their taxi, go to a time share presentation or let them carry our bags. We finally made our way through the mass amount of people and found an ATM. Now at first when you look at the ATM and it asks you if you want to take out $2,000. We freaked out and Robb even said- be careful not to push that one. Well after selecting only the $200 we found out that we had only taken out $20 in US money and $200 Pecos. Needless to say we found out that the money was listed in Pecos not US dollars and we needed more, so $2,000 Pecos really was what we wanted. After that we got a cab and headed for the condo. Thanks to my parents we were able to use one of their weeks and we got a pretty nice set up for the week. It was a two bedroom condo, and we both had our own space. We got settled in the rooms and then decided to head to the pool and beach for the afternoon. The waves in the ocean were so big that Kris and I had a hard time with our suits. One wave came and Jamey and I both got taken out by it, the problem was that I was under him- so I got a bit of ocean bottom rash on my arm. Not really that bad- but enough that I had to give him a hard time about it. We then got cleaned up and headed to Burerias for dinner at Mason Bay. This is where Robb and Jamey had their marlin tacos. They talked about those tacos all week- they must have enjoyed them.
On Sunday we went to a time share presentation at our resort. We didn't think much about it, because Jamey and I have done several of these- but man those Mexican people are pushy!! That took most of the morning and then gave us things to laugh and joke about the rest of week.
After escaping that we headed to Puerto Vallarta for our Dune Buggy adventure. Adventure is just the start of it. We went up into the mountains of Puerto Vallerta and through a REAL Mexico village. It was so neat to see. On the way up I didn't want to get too wet so I asked Jamey to take our dune buggy slow through the water and mud. When we got to the top everyone on the tour was making comments about how Jamey
needed to just go for it and ask for forgiveness later. I could tell that I was holding him back from having fun- so on the way back I was SOAKED! Not only from the ride back, but at the top of the mountain there was a waterfall- I decided to be brave and I jumped off it. (Yes I am holding my nose.)
When we got back to the condo we got cleaned up and took our evening walk down the beach back into Burerias to get some dinner. When we first saw that it was a Greek restaurant I think we were worried about finding something that we would all like to eat- but it was decided that that night was our most favorite meal of the week. The funny thing that happened that night was while we were waiting to order our food, a cat jumped on the roof just to the left of us- not only was it just sitting up there but it was doing some serious bathroom business. I asked the waiter if we could change tables it grossed me out so bad. After dinner we got the chance to visit the Mega. It is a giant store, much like a super Wal-Mart. We bought a few things to have for breakfast and snacks. Kris also was able to buy her Coke Light which she kept saying was not as good as Diet Coke.
Monday morning was spent in the pool of a near by hotel taking our scuba diving lesson. We
decided that our teacher, Penny had to be at least 75 years old and boy was she a bit loopy half the
time. Although she was the nicest person ever. Rather than having us take a taxi back to our condo she drove us- the only problem was she was about to run out of gas. Just after dropping us off she did run out of gas, I felt so bad for her. That night for dinner we had plans to do a dinner cruise.
It had a musical show and then dinner after. It was lots of fun. On the way back, the cruise boat had music playing and people dancing. I think Robb and Kris got a serious kick out of Jamey- who does NOT dance. When the two of them hear music they immediately start moving- so the fact that Jamey just stands and watches made them laugh.
Wednesday was our early morning. It was the big scuba diving day. Kris was so scared and we
For Kris and I, Thursday was totally relaxing. We started off the day with an amazing massage at the spa. Then we went to Burerias again to see their Flea Market. We picked up a few more things. The boys spent the WHOLE day getting certified. They did two more scuba dives, some pool work and took the test. I am not really sure when Jamey is going to get the chance to go again, but he will be ready for it when he gets too. That night the power went out while we were eating dinner at the resort. That was pretty funny finishing up our bill and running to our rooms in the pitch dark.
The last of our adventures was on Friday to the zip line, Canopy Tour. I have to say that this
was the one that I was scared about. Me and heights don't really mix well. At times we were
500 feet up in the air and over water!! Again the boys were a bit crazy and had so much fun. In this one picture (which is a bit hard to see) Jamey is hanging upside down spread eagle. I was freaking out. The last zip line was a double and so Robb & Jamey and Kris & I raced. It was pretty funny.
We definitely had a wonderful week- I was ready to get home and see my kids, but I would have not ever traded a moment of the week. Being away from my kids for a week helps me to appreciate them more and I have really done pretty good with my patience with them. Thank you so much GG for watching them!!!



12 comments:
Ahh...good times. That will be a hard trip to top!
Looks like the trip of a lifetime. Love, love the underwater shots!! Jealousy has taken over me. :)
Sounds like you had tons of fun. Next time you can watch my kids. :-)
Looks like you guys had loads of fun! That looks like the same canopy company that Andrea and I did last year...such a blast!!!
Wow you guys had a ton of fun! That is awesome. I want to visit Mexico now...
was that mexican place Senor Pipi's?
Welcome back!! I'm glad you guys had fun. We surely enjoyed Puerto Vallarta but we were there for our honeymoon so we didn't do half as much as you guys did. What an adventure!!
OOO my goodness You guys had the best time I can just tell! I love all the funny little stories. I love seeing two friends have the best time, its so awesome you guys have each other and you guys are so brave too!! Good job for getting wet and being crazy on the buggy!!
Oh good idea Chris. Ditto on everyone's comments. We just all wish we could have been there too!
You guys did a lot of activities. It looked like a fun trip. I saw the video of the scuba dude on Kris's blog. He was on something.
Que divertido! (how fun!) :) Glad you guys got to enjoy such an awesome escape.
Have you rested from your busy vacation, yet? I thought about you guys all week & kept wondering what you were up to. So fun to see your awesome pictures!
Post a Comment