Some older boy on the bus told Spencer that Santa Clause was not real! When he got in the car from the bus he told me about what they had talked about, but then followed it by saying- "but he really is real mom." I just think that he is a bit too young to not believe anymore.
Also the weather seemed just too windy and cold today and so for an afternoon treat we made hot chocolate for the first time this season. My favorite for sure, and I think I have 2 boys who agree with me.



10 comments:
Dumb kids. I remember when my friends told me. I was in 4th grade. It was a sad Christmas that year!
yes, let him believe for a little bit longer. I got jipped when I found out in kindergarten.
You know...Santa doesn't come if you don't believe!! (at least at our house! ) I am not excited for that day at ours either! So far...so good..unless they are foolin us!
We just had the Santa conversation in our neighborhood, too. My neighbor told me that she just always told her boys, "What do you think...I still believe in Santa." She told us that is is, afterall, the spirit of Christmas she believes in. I think I'll have a hard time when it comes up because I'm not a big Santa person. I think I'll just plead ignorance and then hopefully when the time comes we can already have a good established ground for the really meaning of Christmas.
I'm glad he still believe despite having been dealt the big "there's no such thing as Santa" blow.
I had hot chocolate for the first time yesterday too! Definitely was a good afternoon for it...
Oh no more people who love hot chocolate?? I love that they love it, they look so cute drinking it!
We just had this happen at our house today. I am so mad at this other kid! Anyway, we are trying to solve this issue in our home, too!
I truly think Amy knows deep down, but doesn't really "want" to know and ruin the magic. She thrives on setting out the cookies and milk and carrots for the reindeer. And every year she tells Misha that she saw the reindeer, but alas, they were already gone when Misha looked.
If our kids don't believe, they get underwear for Christmas. What did you tell him?
He is way too young to not believe. I hate that kids do that. Oh well. I guess you can't stop it, but kids grow up way too fast these days.
Post a Comment