I usually don't make any New Year's Resolutions, but this year I kind of did. I'd like to think of it more like a goal. I am not a very good journal writer, and so I have decided that I really need to be. After giving my grandmother's eulogy I learned that keeping a history is so important. I am starting out just writing once a week mostly about the boys. When they grow up I want for them to know what their childhood was like. A while back my friend Shelly put this link on her blog about LDS Journal. I kept the link but never did anything with it. Well I finally logged on and set everything up. It was really easy and I love that you can set up an email reminder. I keep thinking that the more I do it, then it will become a habit.
April Templatetopia
13 years ago



8 comments:
You and me both!! I have started and stopped to many times. The site sounds great, what is it, if you don't mind me asking?
Don't mind me, I am just a little slow, I figured it out, just takes me a bit longer than the rest:)
Thanks for the tip! I have already signed up. I really need to do a better job at journaling!!
Interesting, thanks for the tip. I sometimes like to pass off my blog as a journal, but I don't share my innermost thoughts on it (who does?). I've been thinking I need to do some better journaling too. Good luck!
So, are you telling me that updating my blog doesn't count? Ugh. Tell your techno-savvy husband that I just need him to reassure me that when I'm gone and dead that these blogs won't be lost in the depths of the internet somewhere. I am impressed with your resolution, though!
Great goal. I used to be a great journal keeper...everyday! Then...I had kids. You have to remember that your scrapbooking and blogging are terrific ways to keep a history. I don't want to hear that you don't write about their childhood already because you scrapbook and blog beautifully.
I had a resolution to do that last year, and I only got one entry - Nathan's birth. Pathetic. You've given me a good reminder to work on that - just like Elder Eyring's talk a couple of conferences ago.
I count my blog as my journal writing.
Post a Comment