11.16.2009

Surprise Birthday

It has taken me yet again too much time to finally sit down and blog about Spencer's birthday surprise. When I sat down to take the pictures off my camera, we found out that the memory card is DEAD. That's right over 300 pictures GONE!! My dear husband is working like mad to try to get them back for me. It has been a devastating couple of days. Thus the reason it took me even more time to sit and blog about the trip.

So now that I got that out there- I will just tell about the surprise and hope that pictures will follow. We surprised Spencer and Jamison, and took them to Disneyland and Legoland. Jamey has flown enough this year that we had 2 free tickets from that and then I had a free ticket too, so we decided to take the kids away for a long weekend. Disneyland has a little promotion this year that you get in free on the day of your birthday so I thought where would be a better place for a little kid to celebrate their birthday. My AMAZING sister and mom kept my little Everett, so we didn't have to worry about a baby for the weekend. That was such a huge help.

Friday morning we took off and headed to the airport. We finally told the kids that we were going to California, but that didn't really mean anything to them. Once we got there Jamey had rented a fancy 2010 Ford Mustang convertible for the weekend. We thought they would be all over that, well Spencer was and Jamison wasn't. It took a good 20 minutes to convince him it was a neat car and he needed to get in. He finally did and we were off to the hotel. We hung out a bit until it was time to go to dinner at Goofy kitchen. It was a fun place to spend the evening, and to start off the time at Disneyland.

The next day when we got to Disneyland I was video taping them, and it was so funny- they really had no idea what Disneyland was and why they should be excited about it. Once we got into the park I think they figured it out. Our first ride was Spencer's choice of Pirates of the Caribbean which scared the tar out of Jamison. Once again it took some time to convince him we were in a fun place. We got into the park just after 8:30am and didn't leave until 11:30pm. They boys had such a fun day. PERFECT time to go there were hardly any lines and we walked onto most rides. If we did wait in line the longest we waited was 20 minutes. The weather couldn't have been any better either. A little cool, but not cold and defiantly not hot.

Sunday we just took our time leaving the hotel and getting breakfast. We drove down the coast highway to San Deigo to go to Legoland on Monday. Again the boys loved every minute of Legoland. Jamison could have stood all day looking at mini land USA in which they have constructed cities in America out of Legos. It was amazing. The trip was so much fun and I think that the boys will have some memories to last a lifetime. It might be all they have if I don't have pictures to show for it. :( It was quick, but we were all ready to come home and see our baby. Once we got home it took me all of last week to get back into life and get caught up. It was almost like I needed a day to relax from my vacation.

I think Spencer had the best birthday- I can hardly believe that my oldest son is 7!! We sure love this little guy!

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

I sure hope those pics show up for you... that is heartbreaking!! What a neat way to celebrate though!!

Unknown said...

I can hardly believe that happened to your camera! I hope Jamie is able to somehow get them and not all is lost. Sounds like a perfect trip and like so much fun! What a cool mom you are!

Melissa said...

Now that's a birthday surprise! What fun. But I am so sorry about your camera and will keep my fingers crossed that all can be retrieved.

amanda said...

And I thought Jane's birthday was cool--Spencer wins. What a lucky little boy. Hope he had a fabulous time.

The Haley Family said...

WOW, what a cool mom you are! How fantastic! Our goal is to go to Disney World when Ella is 5...I hope it can happen!

So sorry about your memory card, I would be devasted too!!