8.16.2010

2nd Grade

Oh boy!! Spencer started his first of school today! He got up early showered and dressed. He was thrilled to get to take his new lunch bag and thermos. He started a new school this year- we have decided to give the charter school here in the area a try. He was not happy about it at the end of last year, but as the school year has approached he has gained excitement. He has to wear a uniform, which is a collared shirt and either navy or khaki bottoms. I think I bought his pants way too big. They are suppose to be longer in length, but I had to cinch them up so tight to stay on him. I am not excited about the drop off or pick up. It looks like pure chaos with all the cars and kids trying to get in the door. I am glad that my dear Teresa is carpooling with me. That will help a bit. Also school starts 45 minutes earlier, so that means I have to get up earlier. I am not a morning person! Today and tomorrow are just half days- trying to get the students and teachers back into the swing of school I guess. Isn't he so cute! Growing up fast!!



He has a male teacher this year and we are super excited with him. I think this could be a really great experience. Spencer and Mr. Ingram.

10 comments:

alison said...

as i drove by i thought of everyone starting. hope it went well! if you bought the french toast brand they are SUPER shrinkers--so they should fit better by the spring when he'll be in them again. :)

Kelly Stanworth said...

can't believe our babies are in 2nd grade. They'll be baptized before we know it. I'll have to call you soon...SO much going on with crazy (you know what I mean).

Unknown said...

Spencer looks so grown up! I didn't realize he is in the same grade as Courtney! Jacob had a male teacher last year and loved it, I think Spencer will too. :)

Jen said...

I wish you good luck with a new school, we'll miss you at Legacy. I loved having a male teacher for Jonathan last year, they just seem to "get" those crazy boys.

KrisJ said...

YEAH SCHOOL!! Now you can come to buff moms with us!!

amanda said...

He looks so grown up. Holy Cow!!!

Melissa said...

Love the new blog look ;)

2nd grade - wow! Hope Imagine is a great experience for all of you, although I will miss you at Legacy. Spencer is a cutie for sure.

Haley L said...

Cooper had a male teacher for 4th grade and it was awesome! Hope this year is a great one for Mr. Spencer.

Brandie Lyon said...

Wait until about 20 after to go pick him up, then you won't have to deal with the chaos.

Brandie Lyon said...

Wait until about 20 after to go pick him up, then you won't have to deal with the chaos.