2.10.2011

First Field Trip

Last week a local group of home taught preschoolers were going on a field trip to the Fiske Planetarium at CU in Boulder. I got an email inviting Jamison and I to attend, so I changed an appointment I had, to make it work so we could be there. I have never had the chance to go to a planetarium, so I was just as excited as Jamison to see what one was all about. When we first got there we walked around a bit looking at all the displays, Jamison took a turn looking through the giant telescope before we watched Kids in Space. We walked into the doom shaped auditorium sat in our seats ready for the trip through space. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Jamison's face as the movie started- his mouth and eyes were so wide. He was hanging on the chair ready to blast off into space. The movie was made in the 70's, music and graphics, so I struggled a bit. However Jamison learned tons! Close to the end he was ready to be done and asked when we were going to get to go back to earth. We learned that on the moon since the gravity is much less than the earth Jamison only weights about 7 pounds and I only weight 34 pounds. I would love to have that be my real weight here! :) Jamison also decided that Neptune is his favorite planet because it is aquamarine, but he also very much liked Saturn and it's rings. Everett was also with us- but he was not a fan at all of being there. He did lots of screaming, I even broke the rules and gave him a fruit bar in the movie to try to keep him somewhat quiet. We had such a fun morning- I am thankful for friends who thought to invite us.

No comments: