1.23.2008

100 Factoids About Me

OK- so several of my friends have done this and I have wanted to as well, but until now have not taken the time to sit down and do it. It was fun but really challenging trying to think of 100 things that people would like to know about me. Hope you find out something new! :)

1. Jamey is my best friend- we were friends before we started dating
2. My favorite color is purple
3. I’m very opinionated, but I also think that I am very open minded
4. I love watching TV
5. I’m not a picky eater- I like lots of things however I’m not very adventurous
6. I hated school work- and was an average student in school
7. I love shoes, clothes and purses, therefore I love to shop
8. I’m a bit of a pack rat- I’m afraid of getting rid of something that I might want someday
9. I love pictures- pictures of my boys and family
10. My biggest pet peeve is people with poor work ethics
11. I enjoy being pregnant and would someday like to be a surrogate
12. I have never lived anywhere but in Colorado
13. I love listening to Jamison’s gibberish
14. I am very proud to be an American
15. Newborn baby stage is not my favorite
16. I wish I was a better reader
17. Cleaning is a definite chore that I don’t like
18. My favorite vacation overall- HAWAII
19. I’m addicted to Dr. Phil
20. I really enjoy working and get pleasure out of making others feel good about themselves
21. I like to have all my Christmas shopping done by the first of December, and it’s usually done the day after Thanksgiving
22. I love music
23. Celine Dion is one of my favorite singers
24. I’ve been to her concert in Las Vegas!
25. I don’t like seafood
26. I have no interest in being a world traveler, but I would love to see everything that America has to offer
27. I love organizing things
28. I still have clothes in my closet since high school
29. I enjoy being in water; I take long showers and I love swimming- however I don’t like baths
30. I wish I could sing better
31. I have a dream someday to live on the east coast
32. I REALLY would be happy if we never had a daughter
33. I LOVE my boys!!
34. Jamey is literally my other half- he is my opposite in so many ways
35. I hate public speaking, even though I talk a lot
36. I would say that I cry an average amount
37. I wish I could weigh what I did when I got married, but understand that reality is never going to happen
38. My hair is my best feature and I spend way too much time doing it
39. I wish I was smarter
40. Cooking is not done for fun, but out of necessity
41. When I was 16 and my parents were out of town I tried to teach my 14 year old friend how to drive and we were in a very serious car accident.
42. I have never lived in an apartment, condo or townhouse
43. I love driving stick shifts
44. My boys wear either matching or coordinating outfits for Christmas and Easter
45. Having friends is important to me (and I have some of the very BEST!)
46. My eyebrows are very light and I have to color them and use make-up to make them darker
47. I am a horrible speller
48. My hair has been very blonde and very dark, but never red- maybe one day I’d like to try it
49. I like to eat peanut butter and things that have peanut butter in them
50. I don’t like being cold
51. I am a people watcher
52. I have never taken a college course, the only higher education I have attended is trade school
53. My favorite flower is the Gerber daisy
54. I am a leader
55. I hate being the “new” person in a crowd
56. I don’t like doing laundry- putting it in the washer and dryer isn’t the hard part, I hate putting it away
57. I laugh several times a day at the funny things my kids do- and I love it!
58. Being a mom is the hardest thing I’ve ever done, sometimes I look at myself I’m at awe of my life
59. My parents are my biggest role models
60. I enjoy making crafty projects, however most are things that others have done and I’ve copied (Love Super Saturday!!)
61. What did we ever do without the Internet and email?
62. I had satellite radio in my car 3 years before I satellite TV
63. I usually do all the Christmas shopping; I have even picked up a few things for myself (from the boys of course)
64. I love watching the Westminster Dog Show
65. I like things ironed, but I do not iron everything and only iron when it needs to be worn
66. The only three countries I’ve visited outside the US are England, Mexico and Norway
67. Crowds and lots of people don’t bother me
68. We might be done with our family- and I don’t like when people ask if we are having more kids
69. I am not a morning person, but not a night owl either- I love to sleep
70. I am a goal orientated person and I am a planner
71. I do NOT like cats
72. I love living close to the church and having a huge amount of members live so close
73. I enjoy going to and shopping at office supply stores
74. I am not a big sugar person, but I love ice cream
75. I love how my house is decorated at Christmas time, and I enjoy making all my own Christmas cards
76. I’m proud to own my own business and take pride in being successful
77. I like having gadgets and toys- for either scrapbooking or the kitchen- I think that this one is Jamey’s fault, he is a big gadget guy
78. I feel very strongly about voting- no matter your party
79. I think it is the coolest thing watching Spencer grow up, go to school and learn new things
80. I have had several surgeries and someday I’d like to have an “elective” surgery.
81. I have almost no patience
82. I want to run a 5K by summer
83. Giving birth SUCKED, but I cherish the reward!
84. My favorite site seeing vacation was Washington, D.C.
85. I don’t like my handwriting- but having nice handwriting is important to me so I continually work with Spencer on his
86. People’s teeth are one of the first things I notice about them (I guess that’s what happens when you’re a dentist’s child)
87. I loved growing up near my grandparents, and missed the ones that lived far away- and I feel lucky that my children have a set close by
88. I HATE CANCER!
89. My wedding was the most emotional day ever!
90. I am not a huggy, cuddly person- except with Jamey and my boys
91. My little sister is a huge example to me and gives me lots of support and strength
92. I wish I could live in the temple- I love the quite peace there- a continually goal to make my home feel the same way
93. I wash my hair everyday, even though I tell others not to
94. I refuse to sit anywhere but a pew during Sacrament meeting
95. Out of all my siblings I am the most strict with my children, but also the most laid back (oxymoron)
96. I like helping others and it makes me feel good to be needed
97. I LOVE SPENCER!
98. I LOVE JAMISON!
99. I LOVE JAMEY!
100. I want to see all of your interesting facts!!

12 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

You wash your hair everyday!! I feel so... I don't even know!! :0) You made me cry (not about the hair thing), although it seems the older I get the more I cry, so it doesn't take much! That was so fun to read! I enjoyed hearing such random things about you! You have the best little boys and a great husband, and I love how much you wrote about them!! Love ya girlie!!!

Jolayne said...

What is the relations between being pregnant and being a sergeant?

Great post. That must have taken a lot of time to think up.

Jolayne said...

Okay, so now you changed it to surrogate. That makes more sense.

Erica said...

I told you that I was a bad speller and so that is what you got! Thanks to my husband for pointing out the error.

Rochelle said...

That was an awesome list! It was like a "You-GO-GIRL!" list. I just want to shout a big "Hu-WAH" now or something. I always appreciate your confidence and energy, and am grateful to be one of those who gets to live near you!

amanda said...

Wow! I can't believe you came up with 100 things. I don't think I am that interesting but it was fun to read yours. I am amazed at how well you know yourself and are willing to share your shortcomings as well as your strengths.
Should I even tell you that I've never voted? Brett wishes I was more into politics.

Carli said...

You have inspired me! This sounds like a fun activity to do. I just hope I can come up with 100...

Elizabeth said...

I don't know if I could think of 100 at one time, sitting in front of my computer! But, great idea! I learned lots about what a great person you are! I too HATE CANCER~
Thanks for sharing!

KrisJ said...

WOW see like I said you are such a great person and so much softer than most people realize (hope you dont mind me outing you) lol Im so glad you did this and there were quite a few surprising things on there! I would have thought you were cheerleader 4.0 girl! And BTW Im totally going to be SO self concious about my teeth now YIKES!

Amy said...

Hi Erica,
I found your blog through the blogs of some other friends, and have so enjoyed reading it! I loved learning all these interesting things about you! Thanks for sharing - you inspired me!

Ashley said...

Love your list and getting to know you better. It's not as hard to come up with 100 things about yourself after all! I'm always impressed with how great your hair looks and i wasn't kidding when i asked you if you have a book of 365 Way to Do Your Hair :). So what would your elective surgery be??? :)

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Hey, I learned a lot about you from that list. And, I totally think you should go red one day. Other than my blonde highlights, that is the only other color I've gone. I did it when I was 18, the wash out kind and I loved being a red head for 6 weeks. And look where I am now? A mom to a red head!