1.29.2008

Today I am Thankful For...

... Air Mattresses
... Warm Bed
... Sleep

At 1:30am this morning I was woken to water in my bed (ha,ha- we have a water bed). There is obviously a leak in our bed and with time it finally went through the mattress pad and I woke up to the leg of my pajamas all wet. When we striped the bed we found that water was all over and under the mattress. So the fun begins with emptying the water out tonight and finding the leak, fixing it and refilling the bed. So at 2am I got the air mattress filled it up and made the bed so we could try to finish getting some sleep. When I crawled into the bed, it made me grateful for a warm bed that I climb into every night- this bed was COLD. I never sleep as well on an air mattress or regular mattress for that matter, it makes me grateful for a good night sleep in my water bed. One more night of the cold air mattress and not great sleep. Hopefully we'll be able to find the leak and get it fixed, so I can get back to my good night sleep!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it amazing how you don't realize how much you appreciate something until something happens and it's not there? I've never had a water bed, but we have a Tempur-Pedic mattress that I am in love with, and now whenever we have to sleep somewhere else I miss my mattress SO much! Hope you can get it fixed soon and get some good sleep!

Logan and Ashley said...

Yeah right Jamey just peed the bed and he didn't want you to tell all of your blog friends. That is too funny though. As if you aren't busy enough in your life, now you need to fix your bed and not get a good nights sleep. And we all know how much a Hatch girl needs her sleep!! :0)

KrisJ said...

You were just telling me how much you love that bed! I hope its back to a warm wiggily sleep for you!

Kristin said...

What a rude awakening!! I hope you got it fixed!

amanda said...

I'm with Ashley, I bet Jamey just peed the bed...or wait maybe it was you :) Ha Ha!! I must say your air mattress has come in handy. I need to pick me up one of those, just in case Brett ever pees the bed.