We are so super excited for Devin. I know he will be a great missionary and will have a wonderful experience. We also found out today that Bermuda is in his mission, so that would be neat if he got the chance to serve there for a while.
What touched me the most was what Jamey told him. He said- Do me a favor and get everything taken care of before you go and don't come home early. Once you go, stay there and complete your work. Then later in the car while driving home Jamey said- I don't have a lot of regrets in life, but that is one of mine. Then through my tears I told him that if he had stayed and finished his mission, his life would have ended up different and he might never have met me. So all things happen for a reason and we all grow and learn from our life lessons. I think more than anything it is so neat that we can share these things with others and try to help them from making some of the same mistakes we have made. He is being such a powerful example to my children and for that I am very grateful.
We love you Devin!!



4 comments:
Yay for Devin. I was so glad I could be a part of the special moment, but thanks for the video. So exciting!!
I was really annoying on that video. Oops, the word is out!! Tif called me last night because she watched this and wanted to know if it was true!!! My bad!
HOW EXCITING!! Such a blessing for your family--and how wonderful that your boys get to watch him do this!
That is so awesome. Watching that video brought chills to me and made me remember opening my own. So cool!
Post a Comment