7.20.2008

10 Years Gone By

Last night I went to my 10 year high school reunion. I was surprised at how low the turn out was. I graduated with 96 people and only 24 showed up. I was severely disappointed. The ones that were there I think had a good time catching up. I was also surprised how many people not only live in the same town but close surrounding towns too. Also I realized that I am out of the norm- by not keeping in touch with anyone. Most of the people there last night either work together, live together, or live near each other. The have done a great job maintaining their friendships. Although I don't feel like I have changed very much I was the only one that almost no one recognized. They kept asking- who is the girl in the white shirt. One girl said that as soon as I started talking she figured out who I was, but before then had no idea. I was so glad that they all thought I had changed, I don't think anyone wants to look the same as they did 10 years ago.

What do you think?

12 comments:

alison said...

that's a cute picture. you look different--not COMPLETELY, but different enough.

Karen said...

I think you've changed a bit since your high school picture, but that's good, right!?

You're also way to young!

Haley L said...

A poor turnout surprises you in Eaton? Are you kidding me? That photo of you is totally my memory of you being my fiesty Mia Maid so many years ago. :) Glad you went!!

Elizabeth said...

What a hottie Erica! Whooho! if I could whislte here I would! :) My 10 year was a bit like that too!

Kelly Stanworth said...

Wow, I think you really look different. Love the pants... brings back the memories. My 10 year is in September and (not to be a party pooper) I don't think I'm going to go. It just doesn't interest me to go. I feel like 10 years hasn't been long enough for me to want to go and hang out with people who didn't like me in high school. I loved high school, but I don't have a desire to rehash things yet. Maybe I'll change my mind before it comes...

KrisJ said...

OOO you hotty! So yes you have changes but I always think that is a good thing... your right who wants to look like they did in highschool! NOT ME!! Glad you went though that is a lot of fun!

Ashley said...

Lovin' the hair girl! :) I think you should have worn that cheetah dress! It's hot! :)

Eldrberry Grove said...

Ok I would have a hard time recognizing you from that picture. But then or now you still look gorgeous!

Brandie Lyon said...

That does not look like you. I love the hair! Oh, and the jeans!

Tirsa said...

your hair almost looks red in that pic...

Marie said...

I used to wear those kinds of vests too! I guess we must be the same age! :)

Logan and Ashley said...

That bites that no one showed up. I didn't know that you had to dress up for the occasion... I think you looked great 10 years ago. Styles change and we change how we think we should look so it doesn't matter, right? I hope I think that way in 3 years when I have my 10 year!!