Jamey took the day off work on Friday, and we headed to Colorado Springs for the weekend. We camped for 3 days- our boys LOVE the dirt!
After Jamey sold his motorcycle, I asked him if we could spend some of the money on new camping gear. I had a lot of fun shopping. We got a brand new tent and screen house. They worked so nice considering right after we got camp set up we had the worst down pour, with little tiny pieces of hail.
The main reason for trip was the 10K that Kris and I ran on Saturday morning. We both did so good. I had some of my best times yet and finished 13 minutes faster than I ran the Bolder Boulder 3 months ago. While running I was thinking- who would have thought I would be running 6 miles when in high school I complained about having to run the mile. I hated running. Not that I especially enjoy it a ton now, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of the accomplishments I have achieved in the last 6 months.

After the race Jamey and Robb took the boys swimming so we could rest for a bit. After they came back we headed to the Garden of the Gods.
In the beginning our kids did very well, considering they both fell asleep on the drive, but after seeing the Balancing Rock
and the Kissing Camels they were done. The last stop Jamey stayed with the boys in the car while I hiked to the Siamese Twins. The neat things about this rock formation is that through the opening at the top you can see Pikes Peak.
In the beginning our kids did very well, considering they both fell asleep on the drive, but after seeing the Balancing Rock
and the Kissing Camels they were done. The last stop Jamey stayed with the boys in the car while I hiked to the Siamese Twins. The neat things about this rock formation is that through the opening at the top you can see Pikes Peak.
On Sunday morning we got up and packed up camp. There is a TON of things that have to be taken to camp, even for a short weekend.
Once we finished and had all the cars packed up we went for another short walk to a very pretty waterfall. It was hot and the kids were so tired, so the stop was very short lived. We got back in the car and headed for home. The weekend was lots of fun and the kids came home sufficiently dirty.
Once we finished and had all the cars packed up we went for another short walk to a very pretty waterfall. It was hot and the kids were so tired, so the stop was very short lived. We got back in the car and headed for home. The weekend was lots of fun and the kids came home sufficiently dirty.



6 comments:
Looks like a great trip. I'm so proud of you for becoming a runner! We must run together soon. :)
Yes, it was fun wasn't it? We'll have to do it again.
Congrats on another great run. That is something I don't get a lot of enjoyment from.
Good job! Im so impressed with you guys! And camping on top of running WOOHOO!
Don't you love Colorado Springs?! You have to try 'Cave of the Winds' and the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo if you haven't already. Both are great. Sounds like you're having lots of great summer adventures!
I've always wanted to spend a weekend down there. Someday...
Post a Comment