1.29.2009

Speed Scrap

I just participated in my very first Speed Scrap. What is that? Well there are some VERY talented people out there in the digital scrapbooking world and every now and then they do these speed scraps. You are given 7 items to put on your layout and you have 1 hour to complete the task. This was very challenging for me, but I think I like the result. Here's what the instructions were and then my layout.



Welcome To Speed Scrap #4

1. Go to your pictures folder and choose only 1 photo. Then head over to this link http://www.jessicasprague.com/index.php?view=article&catid=19%3Aphoto-editing-tutorials&id=388%3Acreate-a-dreamyhandtinted-look-on-a-photo&option=com_content&Itemid=92 To create a dreamy handtinted picture.
2. Find 1 solid paper for your background paper
3. Now go and find 4 patterned papers. 3 of them you will cut into strips. The 4th one you will use to matte your picture.
4. Go find some type of wrap (ribbon, string, rubber band, etc..) to "hold" your picture to your matte.
5. Embellish how you like but make sure you include some bling, greenery, and some sort of cluster.
6. Create a two word title using only fonts (no alpha's) and it must be two different fonts and monochromatic with your background page.
7. Add your journaling and a date.





Doing the trick to the photo was so neat. I think that I am going to play with several other photos too.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the page, I'm going to have to try it. I also love your blog background and title, where did you get it?

shelly said...

I love it! So cute!

Kelly Stanworth said...

You are very talented. I'm kind of giving up on the scrapbooking for right now, including digital. I just feel way to overwhelmed with life to try and do the fun stuff. I can't even fit in our one lesson a week on the class we're taking...pathetic!

Logan and Ashley said...

I wish I was blessed with that talent that you have. Your scrapbooks are always so beautiful! I love what you did with that page. Not to mention the picture is adorable!

Kris said...

Cute-o-lah! Where is the journaling?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for this post with the link to the cool photoshop helps. I'm now addicted to editing photos! Your digiscrap page is really cute.