2.23.2009

Rocket Launching

I was able to talk Jamey into buying a rocket today so that the boys could have something fun to do. Hobby Lobby had all their rocket stuff 30% off, so mid-morning we headed out to find a kit. While I was at my doctors appointment this afternoon and Jamison was napping; Jamey and Spencer assembled and decorated the rocket. Then after I got home and dinner was done we called the Morris' over and launched the rocket 3 times, until it landed on the neighbors roof. Thus spurred the first meeting of our neighbors with Jamey going through the window of their master bedroom to climb on the roof to retrieve the rocket. What nice people we have living next us!

Here are all the kids doing the count down- 4, 3, 2, 1... Blast off
For some reason Spencer was acting 'scared' in this picture, so he ran inside and watched from the window. If you look you can see him peeking out.

4 comments:

Kelly Stanworth said...

Wow, you do fun stuff. Glad your neighbors were nice about it.

Karl said...

What a great idea--you must have boys. I'm glad you had fun and that no one fell off any rooftops.--Jen

amanda said...

How fun. I love the picture of Spencer hiding. You can tell him later that he was being a pansie:) (Brett loves that word and calls Tobe a "pansie" all the time)

Jolayne said...

My girls would have loved doing something like that. Great idea!