So I started the weekend off with a very fun group of girls running a 10K. Most had never ran a 10K and Kris and I were the only ones who had ran this race before. It was super inspiring to watch all these amazing women work so hard and achieve huge success in their own personal goals. There were 11 of us total and everyone did a fantastic job. I of course did not get my personal best time, but I use having a baby 3 months ago as my accuse. I have only been back running for a little under 2 months. I hope that next years race will be my best time!!Kris talked her friend Ali into coming out from Nebraska to run with us- talk about a super neat person!!! It was so fun having Ali with us. She is such a delightful person and she came up with the funnest thing to do. Since there are many women that didn't know each other very well, Ali suggested that we do a bag of 5 of our favorite things. Then the night before the race we all exchanged them and talked about why each item was our favorite. It was a really fun way to get to know each other a little better.
Speaking of our little Everett- he turned 3 months just before the weekend. Oh how time is flying by!! He is such a sweet little boy. We cannot get enough of his smiles. Spencer and Jamison love doing things to get him to smile. The interaction between these little brothers is just precious. Everett is doing some 'talking' every now and again. This really makes Jamison laugh. Especially when I mimic the sounds Everett makes so he continues. We still have no idea what color Everett's eyes are going to be. They are dark, but a charcoal color. Around the outside a dark blue. Maybe he will have hazel eyes. These boys couldn't be more different!! We are just enjoying our little Everett so much!!



10 comments:
Wow, Everett has changed so, so much in just a few weeks. He almost looks like a different baby. Totally has his own look now!
I am so glad we finally met!!! You are so awesome and it was amazing to spend time with you! Happy Anniversary and hope you had a lot of FUN at the B&B!! ;) Little Everett is adorable!!! See you again in just a few weeks!!
What a bad example you are! Running/exercizing so soon after a baby? Jude will be 2 in Sept. I think I'll start then.
Wish I could have gone! Next year, maybe. I'm so proud of you! Even the runner that I am, I have never run a 10K that soon after having a baby. You go girl!!!
First of all that picture of Everett is so stinkin' cute. OK now about the race. Good for you. I am so impressed that you ran it. I would have used the baby excuse and sat this year out. So way to go. Now I need to jump back on the treadmill;)
I'm trying to convince Jeremy that we can run the Bolder Boulder next year. He's not so sure about a 10K, but I'm working on him. Speak of it, I'm not so sure that I can do it. :)
Good for you to be running already!
love that last pic! what a cute face. i used that fabric in a quilt--super cute.
What a great weekend! Everett is looking so much older, I can't believe it.
Good for you guys! Can't wait to join you next year- for the race of course! :) Not your anniversary celebrations! HAHA
Congrats on your run. I don't know that I would even want to try.
By the way, I think you are looking great.
Post a Comment