One, Two, Three, PINNED...
Disclaimer: Sorry about the yelling- I am my mother's child and I can
not keep from yelling even when taking video! Also watch for the nose
picking in the middle of the match and his little dance moves.
Who's kid is that anyway?!?
Spencer started wrestling a couple of weeks ago and Saturday was his first meet. Boy was that an experience for mom and dad. Spencer was sick on Tuesday night, so he missed practice and incidentally missed the team getting their singlets. That is why he is not in one and just wearing his shorts and tee-shirt. They are on order, when we get ours you can believe there will be pictures and I'm sure lots of them!!
The adventure goes like this: First we had to get to the school at 7am. After arriving, Spencer didn't see his friends from school and so he didn't want to wrestle. It took the next hour to convince him that it was ok to wrestle even if his friends weren't there too. Once the meet finally got under way Spencer decided then that he was hungry. We fed him, but he still refused to sit with his team. We wrestled the first team and somehow Spencer was missed and didn't get to wrestle. After I spoke with the coaches, they determined that they missed him, one because he originally said he didn't want to wrestle and two because he wasn't with the team the whole time. I told them I totally understood and just wanted to make sure he would get to wrestle someone from the next team. He did, but boy was it sad. Because he was missed the first time, the coaches from the other team graciously let Spencer and this other kid wrestle a couple of times. Not that it mattered, the kid pinned him both times very fast. But I did appreciate the experience for Spencer. After he wrestled that little boy he decided he was done and then the tears came again, not because he lost, he said he was tired. After the 5 hours I had already endured with him I said fine and told him to go talk to his coaches and then he was going home to take a nap. To my utter surprise HE DID. He came home and went to his room and fell asleep. I have to just keep remembering that he is only five and this will take time. His next meet is way past Colorado Springs, so we are skipping that one. Then with Thanksgiving he will not have another meet until after the first of December. That should be good so that he can get some more practice time in before the next meet. Brett be prepared to do a little coaching when you come out here in a couple of weeks.



9 comments:
wow! that was pretty intense! was that other kid spencer's age?
How funny. I forgot that he had a meet. Oh the drama of a young child!! I love Spencer.
That is too funny. Man, even though it's just a game, it took alot of restraint on your part to not jump out there and wrestle for him.
Ok the yelling is hularious!! To funny but also so sad for Spencer, that other kid has obviously been doing this from birth LOL!! Cant wait to see the pics and the next video!
You are so funny! I love the yelling. I remember meeting your mom for the first time and she did the same thing at Brett's softball game. Woah!!! was all I could say. Now I just laugh. You guys are too funny.
You crack me up!!! Go wrestling Mom! :) Good luck to Spencer in the next match! Maybe wearing his new singlet will help :)
Erica! Thanks for cheering me up today! What a kick! Love the video..and being a mom of boys too...I would have yelled just as loud! :)
Can't wait for the next meet!
Okay so I finally watched the video and oh my gosh!! I love the dancing and nose pick. It was all a distraciton tool for his competition! I didn't hear any yelling....
That made us laugh...all of the "Spencer, take him down" really had us rolling.
Post a Comment