This is the seventh time in eighteen years that a doctor has told a family member of mine that they have CANCER. Last night my mom called to tell me that the mass the doctors found on my grandmother's liver is malignant. We don’t have very much information right now, but the blow I felt is indescribable. Eighteen years ago she was able to fight breast cancer, and has been in remission ever since. Now at the age of 81 she has been told that once again she has a tumor and it is cancerous. I have already lost both of my paternal grandparents to different types of cancer. (My grandfather passed away almost exactly one year ago to bone cancer.) Both my mother and mother-in-law fought different types of cancer at the same time six years ago. I feel like cancer has completely plagued my family and my little world. I wish that there was an easy cure- I HATE CANCER!
April Templatetopia
13 years ago



14 comments:
Oh Erica- I'm so sorry to hear that! I pray that you and you're family may be comforted at this time!
Hopefully Tobe and Lee can hold hands and slip away together. It doesn't always work out so well though does it.
I'm so sorry to hear that Erica. Cancer is just so stinkin rotten!
O sweetie Im so sorry to hear this. Cancer is so scary but she sounds like a tuff lady and I will include your family in our prayers.
I've had family that has won and lost the fight with that nasty stuff too. It sucks but hang in there! :) We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
Grrr!!! How is Grandma taking the news? It's so hard . . . the world of medicine is making so much progress, but it just never seems fast enough. Hang in there.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Erica!!
I am sorry to hear that. I hate the "C" word too. That's how I lost my mom.
I too hate the C word...and am fighting tears too right now! My mom also is still fighting C..I feel for you..so very sorry..wish I could do more..Are thoughts and prayers are with you
I hear ya. I hate it as much as you do. Hopefully it will not be super painful and that she will get through this with the love and support from us.
I am so sorry Erica!
I hate C too! It must be hard to feel so helpless right now, but you have the support of your friends and family I am sure and I pray you will have comfort right now. We all love you! Hang in there.
Thinking of you. So sorry.
Oh, I am sooo sorry to hear about this. I guess I have been pretty lucky that cancer has not touched my family in any way (do I dare even say that out loud?) but I have felt the loss of loved ones and I am sorry that your Grandma has to go through this. You just want those later years in life to be as pain free and enjoyable as possible...
You are in my thoughts.
Post a Comment