So on the second day of Spring Break we just hung out most of the morning, and then after Jamison's nap we headed to Denver to pick Jamey up from work. Then
we went as a
family to the Children's Museum. The first Tuesday of every month is free from 4pm to 8pm. It was pretty packed, but the boys enjoyed themselves none the less. We were having a great time until Spencer jumped off a tree limb (which of course mom told him to stop doing) and hurt his arm. Then with
very big tears and yelling he said he wanted to go home. We couldn't get him to settle down, so we left. We finished the night eating dinner at Spencer's favorite restaurant- the Cracker Barrel. It's really all about eating breakfast for dinner and getting a toy when he is done.
The third and fourth day were pretty uneventful. On Wednesday we went with GG to Sams Club and lunch after. I was able to come home and get a few household things done while Jamison napped and Spencer unwound. On Thursday I spent the whole day working. I wanted to take some time off work this week, but knew I needed to work a little with all the kids in the area having Spring Break. I also tried to tackle my very large and growing pile of ironing. I got about half way through, we'll see when that gets finished.
On the last day of Spring Break- we took a very unexpected trip to Utah. Jamey's brother needed a new computer and some serious

help trying to get it all set up and so we jumped in the car and headed out. This was a perfect weekend to be spontaneous, because of General Conference neither Jamey or I had any church responsibilities to take care of. So here we are fixing a computer and trying to finish up quickly so we can leave to come back home early tomorrow morning. (Brett and Amanda- please don't be hurt that we didn't call, with only one day to be out here there just wasn't time.) Both Jamey and I have to be back for work on Monday- so once again we made a very fast trip out. But it was good seeing Jamey's family and getting to spend Jeff's birthday with him. The first time in 7 1/2 years that we have been able to do that. Now back to 'REAL LIFE'.

3 comments:
First you take my blog off your blog and then you come to Utah and don't call. What are we?...chopped liver? Just Kidding:) I understand. I'll hopefully see you at the end of the month.
I love the feeling of getting in the car and just going. Road trip baby!
Oh good, I thought you were boycotting my amazing and eventful blog!! :0) It looks like you guys had a fun spring break! Reid starts preschool this year so it will be fun to have breaks from school and get to play all day!! Yeah, mom told me you went to Utah! I hope it was good, those trips aren't always the most fun!
Post a Comment