
I have always felt so blest to have a sister. Not sure I thought that when I was younger but I do today. My love and gratitude for her is unspeakable. Many of you know that she has been trying to have another baby for over 2 years now. Last week we got the best news of all- she WAS expecting. I cried from all the excitement and joy. I went to the consignment sale and bought her a bunch of clothes, because I knew she would want some new things for this pregnancy. Then as I sat here today- actually catching up on some people's blogs- my sister-in-law Amanda called me to talk about my sister. I had not yet gotten to her blog, but once I did I read the horrible news. She has lost the baby. I'm not sure what to think or feel right now. Against her requests I called her to see how she is doing today. She is doing much better, which I suppose is good since all I did was cry. My heart is breaking for her. At the same time I feel lucky to know that she can get pregnant. The doctor seems to think that the miscarriage happened possibly because it was an ectopic pregnancy. Even in the mist of a trial we need to remember that there are always blessings. I personally have never had to deal with a miscarriage or the waiting and trying of getting pregnant. I don't have any of these experiences so I feel like I am of no help to her in this time of struggle. All I can do is tell her how much I love her and to keep praying for her.
Ash I hope you know that you are a wonderful mother to the precious little one you already have and the next little ones that join your family will be such a blessing to you and Logan. Stay strong the Lord is mindful of you and we all need to deal with trials, it will make you a better mom because fight. Lots of love- xoxox



6 comments:
So sorry to hear this news, and as someones whos sis lost a full term baby all I can say is you listen and let them feel whatever they are feeling and be there and love them. She will be in our prayers.
Thanks sis! I love you so much. You don't have to have gone through what I am going through to help me. Your phone call was the one I waited for all day. I didn't have the strength to call you myself and am so glad that you called me. I needed to hear your voice and tell you all my feelings. I love that I can talk to you about anything and that you let me be me. I am so thankful for you, you truely are a blessing in my life and the best sister ever!!
I feel so helpless. Give her lots of hugs for me and Brett. We will pray for her.
Reading both of your blogs give me hope that one day my two daughters will have this kind of relationship. Sniff, sniff. I left the same words on Ashley's blog, but having seen this so many times in my area of work, I am so optimistic for her!!
Erica, you know I've been there. I commented on Ashley's blog, but it doesn't really make her feel better for me to say that I know how she feels. The truth is, no one really knows exactly how she's feeling because everyone is different. Lots of people go through it, but it is still so, so hard to deal with. I know how hard the mc is and the trying and the tests and the artifcial and the tears and the heartache and, and, and... I think it may just be one of the hardest most emotional things that a woman can go through. It took me 4 years and 3 mc's to get Ryan, but now, looking back, I truly know it was all meant to be and the Lord does have a plan for each of us. On a lighter note, thank goodness I didn't have more or I don't think I'd be able to at all handle 5 right now...eeek!
I have felt just about everything that your sister wrote about in her blog. Right now it won't make sense to her but same day it will and when she holds her next precious child, she will be beyond grateful. So hard to get through the trial though when you are in it.
Post a Comment