Update: For the record my family was all ok and the weather seemed to not hit them at all. However Windsor was hit pretty hard and my younger brother and brother-in-law spent the day today helping with clean up efforts. After I get home tomorrow from the Bolder Boulder Jamey wants to go help with clean up as well. I did hear later that there was one fatality. Our prayers are with all the people who were vastly effected.
The weather has proven to be quite interesting today. Today was suppose to be Spencer's last day of school, but when we arrived the teacher told us to go back home, because there was a tornado lock down at the school and all the kids were in the bathrooms waiting it out. Then just as I was getting home our town signaled tornado sirens. I don't think it is as bad here, but I really worry a lot more about my parents. Several people are out of power in the north east- I think the news said 1500 people (my sister is one of those). There also was a tornado that touched down in Windsor that is about 30 miles west of where my parents live. The new reported 6 to 7 tornados that have touched down in Weld County and now there is another bad storm that is just east of them that is dropping lots of hail. The picture below shows the weather
as of now and it shows the storm just east of my parents. As you can see Greeley is in the dark red spot- so my parents live just north east of there. We are in the green, south of Greeley so all we keep getting is wind and dark clouds. Every now and again we get a little bit of rain but not much more. I have several talks to Spencer today about what a tornado is and what kind of damage they can cause. We have been watching the news most of the afternoon as well. I feel blessed that it didn't cause too much damage- nothing like wiping out the whole town or anyone killed- but at the same time it is so weird that it has hit my little world. My sister and I were talking earlier today and we started reminiscing about growing up in the county and east part of Colorado. There were several times that we had to go to our basement and wait out storms. However, nothing ever came of the storms and we were always safe. Once again we are safe and waiting out the crazy weather in Colorado. I'm praying that my parents don't get too much of the bad weather either.



3 comments:
Oh, I hope everything will be alright. Keep your blog updated so we know that you and your family are alright.
Mom and dad... what am I chopped liver. The Morgans house just west of us were majorly affected by the tornado. I was way more in danger than mom and dad!! :0) Just kidding, it was crazy weather today though!
I'm glad you are safe. What is with this crazy weather anyway? It should be 80 and we all should be out basking in the sun:)
Post a Comment