7.09.2008

Our 4th of July Weekend

The early morning of the 4th, we went to Greeley and ran in the Race for the Cure- with my sister, her husband, my dad and mom and good friend Shannon. It was a 5 K race down the parade route and I think I did fairly well. I finished right at 33 minutes. After that we met Jamey and the boys to enjoy the big parade that the Greeley Stampede does. It was a big thing for me growing up, but I have never taken my kids to it, so I decided that they needed to see a parade. If it wasn't for the stinking hot sun we would have stayed longer, but after just running I could hardly take the heat. Maybe next year Jamey could stake us out a really good shady spot. I took lots of pictures of the race and the parade- but after we left I threw our camera in my bag with all the stuff from the race and... well I ruined it! I had some Joint Juice stuff that the race was handing out and apparently it spilled in my bag ruining our camera. I worried the rest of the day about it until we got home and for once paying for the warranty paid off. Hopefully we can get it sent in and returned before too long. So sorry no pictures of that.


(This isn't all the kids there- just the ones standing around when I took the picture)

On Saturday the 5th, we went up to Rocky Mountain National Park to meet up with some friends who had spent the weekend camping. We had breakfast with them and then we were off for what we thought was a short hike. Well short it was not. I guess 1.6 miles to a lake hiking, is a long way! Although the boys did AWESOME. It wasn't without some complaining at the end and then on the way back, but they were troopers. We bought a pass, so I hope that we can go on a few more hikes before the end of the summer. Maybe next time we might want to do a little research and find a bit of an easier hike for the kids too.










Jamison got out of the backpack and walked a bit of the way. It was so cute when Spencer grabbed his hand to help him walk. I'm so glad that they have each other.

7 comments:

Kris said...

I didn't know you went up to the park...so jealous. What lake did you hike to? I have a bunch of easy day hikes from Ft. Collins to Colorado Springs so let me know.

Unknown said...

That picture of your boys are so cute! Sorry to hear about your camera, but it looks like you still got some fun pics from your weekend!

Samantha said...

I love the picture of Jamison and Spencer. That is priceless. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Carli said...

I was so glad your family came up for breakfast. Maybe next year we can get you there for the whole time. :)

Elizabeth said...

There are so many fun hikes up there! Our boys just loved to play on the big boulders at the Alluvial Fan Picnic grounds..there is also Endovalley picnic area, with cool easy flat areas to hike!
Love the pic of the boys! So cute how they love each other!

Logan and Ashley said...

Your boys are so cute. I love that Jamison hiked a little bit. Maybe an out doors boy??
I can't believe that about your camera. Darn Joint Juice!!
I will send over our pics. Your kids loved the fire truck! As did all of the other kids. You missed out!!

Jolayne said...

So fun that you guys surprised us all--especially since we all looked and felt particularly lovely! I like your way of camping but I don't think my family would go for it.