7.28.2008

Utah Happenings

For those of you who have been keeping up with my sister-in-law Amanda and her mother, I wanted to inform you that her mother did pass away on Sunday morning. Once again cancer has taken another life- way too soon!

Right after I got home from Colorado Springs I hurried and unloaded the car, rearranged my schedule for the week and my sister and I drove to Utah. We are here for 3 days trying to help Amanda with her kids and household things so she and her family can have the time they need to get everything in order for the funeral. Amanda is doing pretty well, all things considered. I am continually amazed at the out pouring of love that is being shown to my brother and his family. His neighbors and church members have babysat their children without any notice, mowed their lawn, bought over meals and homemade bread, etc. The list can just keep going, going. Since they live in Utah and we in Colorado I have felt like there is almost nothing I can do for them, so I was very happy when Ashley said that she make the trip with me. In the midst of complete despair the Lord's hand is being shown through great loving people.

We love you Amanda and are constantly praying for your family. I pray that God will comfort and bless you and your family in this time of need.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You're so great to go help out at the last minute! Hope you have a nice trip. I can't believe all the ways your family is touched by cancer. We're thinking of you and all your family.

Dawn said...

You and Ashely are angels.

We can't say thank you enough for dropping everything and coming to help Manda. She heard you were on your way and her tears - of gratitude - began to flow. So many nice things have been done for our family and it is nice to cry tears of joy and not sadness.
You are a great support to her and we appreciate you both so much. THANK YOU!
Love,
Dawn (Manda's sister)

Kelly Stanworth said...

You are a great friend and sister-in-law. Sometimes I wonder how you keep tabs on everyone to let us all know you care and are thinking of us. In the midst of all that, you still have time to call me to tell me you are thinking of what is going on in our home as well. We will keep praying for Amanda and her family as well as your Grandmother. Love you lots.