12.13.2008

The Funeral


It has taken way too long for me to post this. The funeral went well- about as good as funerals do. Everyone did such a good job on their talks, poems and singing. My sister and dad sang Because I Have Been Given Much, and it was beautiful. Then Ashley sang a song by herself. I am continually amazed how well she can perform. I was crying all over the place while I was giving the eulogy, but Ashley has such a way of holding everything together so she can perform. My dad also gave such a wonderful family prayer. I love when he prays, he just has such a way with words and it was the most beautiful prayer. Since there were a couple of my cousins (and one of my brothers; who is on his mission) that couldn't make it to the funeral, Jamey was asked to be a pallbearer. It was kind of neat that he got to be one for my grandma and also he was one for my grandpa who passed almost 2 years ago. Thanks again to all my wonderful friends who helped me with babysitting my children, and have called or sent emails. It means so much to know that I am in your thoughts and prayers.





I just thought that this picture was so darn cute- here are the three little boys, having one last look at grandma Lee. (Reid, Gavin & Spencer)

5 comments:

Brigit said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Erica. I'm sure that it was so hard giving the eulogy. You will be in our thoughts and prayers

Elizabeth said...

That pic. of Spencer and cousins is precious. What a tearful day for you. Glad you got through it. You will be in our prayers

Haley L said...

I knew you could do it. I'm proud of you as only someone twice your age can be. ;) Having had your dad as a stake president, I can almost hear his prayer. So special--thanks for sharing such an intimate family experience.

amanda said...

Thanks for posting pictures. I wish so badly that I could have been there. I'm too far away:( Brett said your eulogy was wonderful. He wants a copy of it. Hope you are doing well. I told Ashley it gets harder once the funeral is over.

Logan and Ashley said...

Your eulogy was so fantastic. I love that you cried. I was told not to, remember?... :0) It was a beautiful service and still at times, as I look at this gigantic ring on my finger, I can't believe that she is gone. It is funny that once they are gone there are a million and one questions you wished you could have asked. Thanks for posting pictures... I need you to give me those pictures! I love the one of the boys, they were so sweet that day! Love you!!