I know that this post is really late- but as you can see from previous posts I have been a bit
preoccupied after Thanksgiving. But I didn't want to not write about our fun weekend. This years Thanksgiving started with running the Banner Health 5k Turkey Trot. I ran it with my sister-in-law Amanda and a sister missionary from Greeley. My sister and her husband walk/jogged the 2k with their little boy Reid. I did not do my best time, but I did run the whole thing and felt a huge sense of accomplishment considering I ran it 5 months pregnant. I was only 2 minutes slower than my best, so really not bad. It was pretty cold but by the end I was so hot- then we finished and all the sweat just made us freeze! Although I was so grateful that it had not snowed like last year. While I was running the 5k, Jamey was here at home playing in the annual Turkey Bowl that both wards have hosted for many years. He said that there was a great turn out, however not from our ward but from the other ward. He said he had a lot of fun and boy did I hear about the pains and aches for the next few days. :)

I then booked it back home to host Thanksgiving dinner at my house. We had over the Briggs

and the Crapos along with Shannon and Corrin. It was so laid back and easy going. Ammon for sure wins the award for craving the best turkey. We told him that he is welcome to Thanksgiving dinner any time. We ate and then just rested while the kids ran around screaming and playing. After a little rest we played a game and then had some really yummy desserts. It was so fun doing Thankgiving with other people and seeing what their holiday dishes include. There wasn't any pumpkin pie, but that is only because Kris made the most amazing pumpkin cheesecake!
After everyone had left and the food and house was all cleaned up, I made an earlier exit to bed. I met my sister and sister-in-law at 4am at Kohls to do a little Black Friday shopping. Yes I said 4am which meant that I had to be up at 3:30am to make it to Loveland to met them in time. Crazy as it was- I love doing this once a year. After we shopped at Kohls for 1/2 hour and then

stood in line for an hour to purchase our stuff, we headed to Target to stand in line for 1/2 hour and wait for them to open at 6am. Man it was COLD! But we made it in, and felt like that was one of our best stops (at least I thought it was). We finally finished our day at 9am. That is some serious power shopping- but I am done!! Well almost- I have one more small thing to get for Jamey, but then the shopping is done. I love getting it done so early, then I don't have to think about it any more. It seems like a big relief to me. We really had a fun weekend- thanks to everyone that came for dinner, ran and shopped with me!!
9 comments:
Sounds like a really great holiday!! And way to go on the run!
Thanks for another great Thanksgiving weekend. I had so much fun and spent so much money$$$:)
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Super impressive that you ran a 5K while 5 months pregnant, and only 2 minutes slower than your best, no less! You go girl!
Way to go on the race. I'm very impressed.
I like shopping the day after too. It's fun, especially if you have good people to go with.
Way to run. I usually use pregnancy as an excuse not to do stuff like that....
I can't believe you still ran. I love shopping on Black Friday. We somehow were able to avoid waiting in the long lines, even at Wal-mart at 5am. The secret is to buy electronics and wait in those lines. They are much shorter.
I had so much fun with you and Amanda. I love that we do the Turkey Trot and then go shopping. I look forward to it every year!!
Awesome job on the run- good for you! I just know you'll be kickin' butt for the Boulder Bolder! Isn't it funny the crazy things we do for shopping- like waiting in lines all day! :)
How much fun to host Thanksgiving. Great job on the run. I shouldn've gone shopping that early on Black Friday becuase Nick was up at 4 anyways.
Post a Comment