4.15.2008

Past- Present- Future

I saw this on Brigit’s blog- forever ago- and wanted to do it. Now this is also really going to show my age and how young I am, but here it is.

20 years ago - 1988

  • I finally was an official member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. (I was baptized!)
  • My family moved out to Eaton- an old farm house with an acre of land and a big red barn included
  • My littlest brother was born. I loved and adored him.

10 years ago - 1998

  • I graduated from High School
  • Started my career by going to beauty school
  • Moved in with my grandparents and experienced life in the big city of Denver- stores were 5 minutes away, a big contrast to 20 or 30 minutes
  • I had my wisdom teeth removed
  • I under went the first nose surgery- which I later found out only increased my problems.

5 Years Ago - 2003

  • My first little baby boy, Spencer turned 1!
  • We were adjusting to life in Firestone
  • Jamey sold Velocity Services (a small business consulting business)
  • We finished our basement and I started my home business
  • Jamey and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and I got my anniversary band custom made to fit my wedding ring

1 Year Ago - 2007

  • We moved into our new house that we spent a year building
  • My baby boy, Jamison turned 1!
  • Spencer was in pre-school
  • I had my second nose surgery and it has changed my life!
  • Jamey was apparently not busy enough and became the YM president
  • I decided to only work from home- after 6 years I quit working at the salon

6 Months Ago - Fall 2007

  • Spencer started his second year in pre-school- this time 4 days a week!
  • My boys learned what being brothers is all about, and the fighting began
  • Jamey marked a year working for BAE and coped with the commute to Denver
  • Jamison went to Nursery at church

So Far This Year - 2008

  • Jamison turned 2 and is finally saying some words instead of just babbling
  • I started digital scrapbooking and LOVE IT! Now there is a chance my boys will have scrapbooks when they leave home.
  • We increased the size of our vehicle by buying a Suburban
  • I am busier than I ever have been, business is going good
  • Jamey sold his motorcycle :(

What is next for this year?

  • I get a weekend away in two weeks to go to Women’s Conference
  • Spencer will turn 6 and officially start public school by attending kindergarten
  • I have my 10 year high school reunion
  • Jamey will start a new contract with BAE and will increase his commute to DTC
  • We’re going to Puerto Vallarta in October without kids!!!

This was fun, so I think some of you should give it a try- so let’s see it!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Loved it! Copied it!

Thanks! :o)

Geez, I forgot how much younger you are than me...

amanda said...

Wow..you are young:)
No really that was fun to read. I didn't know you got a Suburban. Couldn't quite talk yourselves into a minivan huh?

Jolayne said...

I am so jealous of the Puerto Vallarta trip.

Logan and Ashley said...

It made you look young!! You have a good memory about the past!

shelly said...

You've been tagged for a lemonade meme. Check out my blog for the rules.

http://thoughtsofashellybean.blogspot.com/2008/04/making-lemonade-meme.html